HotDocs Developer (Virtual Position)
The HotDocs Developer assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of WealthCounsel's various software offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, publish, maintain, and test HotDocs templates and libraries, including cloud-based systems
- Create HotDocs custom interviews that include scripting and computation variables
- Participate in the creation, testing, and integration of HotDocs templates with other systems
- Design and carry out development and testing projects as assigned
- Develop documentation and training materials, especially for process guidelines
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years HotDocs programming and development experience
- High level of proficiency with HotDocs, XpressDox, or similar document automation system
- Experience with large template sets using global variables and dependencies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word (formatting, styles, tables, macros); strong knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Exceptional analytical skills to work with highly complex software applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail; including spelling and punctuation
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in legal industry a plus (estate planning, probate, trust administration, business planning, deeds)
- Experience with JIRA, or similar bug tracking product
- Experience with agile development process (Scrum Kanban, XP, Crystal, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with matching, gym and home internet reimbursement, and future growth opportunities within the company.
Additionally, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
**Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska, California and Hawaii.