Practice Success Mentor- Estate Planning (Virtual, Full-time)
WealthCounsel is the premier provider of solutions for estate planners and business lawyers. Our combined offerings of drafting technology, legal education and practice development help attorneys elevate their practices and achieve greater success. We believe in the power of service and the strength of an elite member community that is over 4,000 members strong to make a difference in the lives of our customers and their clients.
The primary responsibility of the Practice Success Mentor (Estate Planning) is to work with the VP of Practice Success in promoting the retention of WC members by providing WealthCounsel members with education, content, coaching, training, and resources to help them in their path to having a successful law practice and fulfilling legal career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Practice Success Mentor: include the following (other areas of responsibility may be assigned as needed):
- Work closely with the VP of Practice Success and other Practice Success Mentor to design and implement programs, content, and resources for attorneys needing assistance with the building of their practice. Areas of focus include marketing, client acquisition strategies, business development, creating and nurturing referral relationships, hiring and staffing needs, cash flow, business succession, and more.
- Serve as coach to WealthCounsel members needing assistance building their law practice, marketing, client acquisition, or other practice building topics. Coaching to include one-on-one coaching as well as group coaching.
- Assist in identifying topics, scheduling speakers, teaching, and creating and/or managing curriculum for practice success webinars and training programs.
- Interact with internal staff, members, non-members, affiliates/partners, and contractors regarding writing projects, courses, and resource creation.
- Work closely with the Practice Success Legal Content Manager, VP of Practice Success, other Practice Success Mentor in curating, ideating, sourcing, or creating PS content and resources
- Write and edit content such as blog posts, newsletters, white papers, and other member-facing (our member website or marketing to leads) or consumer-facing content (Marketing Source or other)
- Assists VP of Practice Success and Marketing department with the ideation, creation, and editing of content for estate planning.com
- Teach Practice Success and other programs (including but not limited to Estate Planning Bootcamp).
- Collaborate with third-party vendors, partners, and affiliates vendors in the creation and delivery of additional programs in partnership with WealthCousnel. At the direction of the VP of Practice Success, may also supervise/oversee the relationship and deliverables of the same
- Occasional domestic travel is required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctor
- 5-10 years experience as an Estate Planning/Trusts & Estates attorney
- 3-5 years of experience owning/running/growing a law practice business
- Experience teaching, including teaching substantive law and/or practice building topics such as legal marketing, running a law business, estate planning, or business law topic
- Coaching and/or mentoring experience a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Capable of supervising and managing the workflow of writers and speaker
- Works well with other people, able to juggle multiple projects at once, and able to meet deadlines
- Be well-organized and detail-oriented
An interest in the creative potential of using technology to solve lawyers’ problems and overcome the pain points in their practices
WealthCounsel membership experience, including experience using WealthCounsel products (preferably WealthDocx) is a huge plus (not required).
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and bonus/commission plans. Our extensive benefits package includes a generous paid time off program, paid federal holidays off, paid volunteer time off, medical/dental/vision benefits, employer paid life insurance and short-term disability, employer matching 401k, and future growth opportunities within the company. We also offer monthly gym membership and home internet reimbursements.
**Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska, California and Hawaii.