Senior Software Developer (Virtual, Full-time)
WealthCounsel is the premier provider of solutions for estate planners and business lawyers. Our combined offerings of drafting technology, legal education and practice development help attorneys elevate their practices and achieve greater success. We believe in the power of service and the strength of an elite member community to make a difference in the lives of our customers and their clients.
Senior Software Developers work as part of an Agile team to analyze, design, develop, test, document, and implement software applications. Senior Software Developers are responsible for working on significant critical projects with limited or no supervision. He/She must be able to take responsibility for all facets of the development process, plan and design software components, services, and processes, mentor other developers, participate in breaking down work into tasks and providing work estimates, be able to lead projects, have mastery in most core technologies and tools, and demonstrate initiative and integrity in all aspects of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
- Work closely with the QA team to diagnose and repair components of our software solution using sound diagnostic techniques
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix issues
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Experience with the following:
- Building n-tier applications
- Building and consuming APIs
- Java, Spring, Kotlin
- SQL, NoSQL Databases
- Applications Servers (Tomcat, Jetty, Node, etc)
- Version Control (Git, SVN, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- Functional programming language experience a plus
- MarkLogic (XQuery) experience a plus
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s of science in computer science or 5-10 years of relevant on-the-job experience as a web developer
- Experience with XQuery and Node preferred
- Experienced with mentoring junior software developers on design patterns and development best practices
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Good understanding of emerging web and mobile development models
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Experience working in an emerging, fast-paced software company highly desired
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and bonus/commission plans. Our extensive benefits package includes a generous paid time off program, paid federal holidays off, paid volunteer time off, medical/dental/vision benefits, employer paid life insurance and short-term disability, employer matching 401k, and future growth opportunities within the company. We also offer monthly gym membership and home internet reimbursements.
**Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska and Hawaii.