Software Developer (Virtual, Full-time) - Multiple Positions Available
WealthCounsel is the premier provider of solutions for estate planners and business lawyers. Our combined offerings of drafting technology, legal education and practice development help attorneys elevate their practices and achieve greater success. We believe in the power of service and the strength of an elite member community to make a difference in the lives of our customers and their clients.
The Software Developer designs, develops, and maintains WealthCounsel software applications along with other staff members. This role performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. The Software Developer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain web-based multi-tier applications
- Work closely with a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements.
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix issues
- Strong skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Solid understanding of systems and subsystems
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
- Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Experience with the following:
- Building n-tier applications
- Building and consuming APIs
- Java, Spring, Kotlin
- SQL, NoSQL Databases
- Application Servers (Tomcat, Jetty, Node, etc)
- Version Control (Git, SVN, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- Functional programming language experience a plus
- MarkLogic (XQuery) experience a plus
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s of science in computer science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- 5+ years of web development (HTML/CSS/JS/Angular ) experience
- Knowledge of internet client/server technologies
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and bonus/commission plans. Our extensive benefits package includes a generous paid time off program, paid federal holidays off, paid volunteer time off, medical/dental/vision benefits, employer paid life insurance and short-term disability, employer matching 401k, and future growth opportunities within the company. We also offer monthly gym membership and home internet reimbursements.
**Virtual Employment opportunities are open for hire in any state except Alaska and Hawaii.